Psychologically Safe Leadership
The “Command & Control” style of leadership is (at long last!) dying, as burnout, anxiety, depression, bullying and office politics run rampant in the workplace and indeed society in general, there is a shift happening, a shift that says, this is no longer acceptable. We no longer need to put up with this behaviour, there has to be a better way.
If the behaviour is no longer suitable, how do we change it, how can we expect current leaders to change this when they don’t know how? They were shown / taught to lead in a certain way, how can we expect them to lead the change, we shouldn’t. Now for the first time, we have a true leadership programme focused on Psychological Safety, not the usual operational leadership, there are plenty of programmes out there already teaching that.
Who is this for?
- This programme has been designed for the busy leader, whether they are at executive or mid management level, the information and approach is guaranteed to be new, practical and insightful.
What challenges are addressed?
- This programme, challenges your own behaviour tied to your emotions and how they impact others.
- It addresses the “them and us” dichotomy that exists in many organisations that lead to office politics.
- It challenges the decades old performance review process, showing a much safer (psychologically) alternative.
- It challenges the thinking that poor performance comes from the individual but actually we may have been looking in the wrong place completely to rectify performance issues.
What will I learn?
- This programme teaches you about how your brain rewards us for surviving and how that shapes our behaviour.
- It demonstrates what happens to our behaviour when stress is thrown into the mix, and how we cannot be our best version of ourselves when this happens.
- It demonstrates how and why team dysfunction and office politics take hold and most importantly it shows you what you need to do to stop it.
- We look at stress cycles, how they connect to poor performance and office politics and more importantly how we break those cycles.
- You will learn about the elements that keep our teams engaged along with the elements that can lead to burnout.
- You will also learn about the 3 fears of the Un-Safe Leader that could hold you back from becoming a psychologically safe leader.
What level of commitment do I need?
- The classes are designed to last no more than 30minutes to make it easy to fit a class in regularly.
- We recommend no more than 1 or 2 per week to allow participants time to process the information and observe themselves and their team around them.
- There are quizzes all the way through to test your learning, share insights and implementation of your learnings
How the programme works
This programme has been built around a 12 month subscription model, it has been built this way so that each user can be kept up to date with the latest research in this field. It also allows each user to have continual access to the most up-to-date information for those times when things don’t work out between work colleagues.
It is also hoped that each user becomes so proficient with the content that they will then download the materials and present it to their teams, encouraging others to embrace a psychologically safe approach to working with and leading others.
This is a leadership programme like no other, it will challenge your thinking, your own leadership approach and, all going well, will open your world to a completely different way of leading, one that will connect you better with your teams, make your team happier and more productive and in time, make your business more successful.